Child Abuse Fugitives in NH Jail
Roland Dow and Jessica Linscott were arrested in Florida after almost two weeks on the run.
A local couple charged in a high-profile child abuse case are back in New Hampshire.
Plaistow residents Jessica Linscott, 23, and Roland Dow, 27, were captured Wednesday at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla. after they evaded authorities for nearly two weeks.
The pair went on the run after Linscott's 3-year-old son was found battered and burned by doctors at Exeter Hospital, police said. Dow allegedly inflicted the injuries on the boy. He's charged with first-degree assault, which carries up to 30 years in prison. Linscott is charged with misdemeanor-level child endangerment.
Multipe sightings of the pair were reported in Massachusetts days after they went on the run. The case received national attention—something Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams said led to tips from the public that helped police track the pair down.
WCVB.com reported Linscott and Dow flew from Orlando to Boston, Mass. Saturday. They were listed as inmates at the Rockingham County Jail Saturday night.
The pair are expected to appear in a New Hampshire courtroom in the next few days. They have denied media interview requests since their arrest.
- Fugitives in Child Abuse Case Coming Back to NH
- 'Suspicion' That Fugitive Couple Had Help
- Plaistow Couple Being Held in Protective Custody
- CAUGHT: Plaistow Couple Wanted for Child Abuse Caught in Florida
- Alleged Baby-Burning Couple Continue to Evade Police
- Mistaken Identity Leads to Arrest in Fugitive Couple Case
- County Attorney: 'Surrender Yourselves'
- Police Hunting for Couple Who Allegedly Burned Son